Terms and Conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions
- In these Terms and Conditions the following expressions have the following meanings:
- Goods means any item associated with the delivery of the Services such as (by way of example) books magazines podcasts and related materials;
- Lecture Programme means the programme of lectures on the subject of military history devised by us from time to time (and Lecture(s) has a corresponding meaning);
- Location means the location of the Lectures which will usually be the Caldeonian Club at 6 Halkin Street London SW1X 7DR or such other location as the Provider may notify from time to time;
- Member means a member of the Military History Club and Membership has a corresponding meaning (also you);
- Membership Fee means the subscription fee payable by a Member for membership of the Military History Club in the relevant Year having regard to that Member’s Membership Status;
- Membership Status means the status designation of the Member as specified in Clause 9;
- Provider means Saul David trading as the Military History Club of Ashgrove Farm Cottage Peasedown St John Somerset BA2 8EP email address [email protected] (also us or we or our);
- Services means the supply of Lectures at the Location in accordance with the Lecture Programme with dinner and such other services as are set out in Clause 10 and other ad hoc events to which Members may be invited from time to time as notified by us in advance. The range of Services to be supplied to Members will vary according to the Membership Status of the individual Member as specified in clause 10;
- Year means the period of one year commencing on 1 January and ending on 31 December in any year.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the supply of Services by us to you.
- These are the terms and conditions on which we supply the Services to you. By tendering your Membership Fee, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The Provider will devise the Lecture Programme for the forthcoming Year (usually eight lectures in total) and will notify Members of its contents in advance of the first lecture in the relevant Year giving as much notice as reasonably possible. The content of the Lecture Programme and the choice of speakers is entirely within the Provider’s discretion and both are subject to change at short notice.
- In addition to the Services mentioned in clause 10 the Provider may from time to time offer other relevant services in the form of (without limitation) ad hoc lectures at another location or invitations to book launches or trips of interest. These will be notified to Members in advance (giving as much notice as reasonably possible) as will any additional costs involved. Invitation to such events may be dependent on the Member’s Membership Status and may be limited so that attendance is on a “first come first served” basis.
- The Services in any Year including the Lecture Programme will be advertised on the Military History Club Website or other marketing materials. Any description is for illustrative purposes only and is not intended to be binding and is subject to change at short notice.
- We may make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- Where the provision of Services includes the supply of Goods the following provisions apply (as appropriate):
- An additional payment for the cost of Goods and delivery costs may be demanded unless it is included in the Membership Fee. Delivery costs may be charged where the recipient address is outside the United Kingdom;
- You do not own the Goods until we have received payment for them in full. If full payment is more than seven days overdue we can choose, by notice to cancel any delivery;
- When an order for Goods has been made, we can reject it for any reason, although we will try to tell you the reason without delay and will refund any payment made for the Goods;
- The Provider may choose to send the Goods using a third party delivery provider and the Provider takes no responsibility for the safe delivery of Goods so sent;
- Risk of damage to, or loss of, any Goods will pass to you when the Goods are dispatched for delivery to you;
- You may withdraw an order for Goods at any time and for any reason before they are dispatched for delivery by the Provider without incurring any liability.
- Members will subscribe to join the Military History Club in (at the choice of the Member) one of three tiers of Membership as listed below. Membership is limited as follows:
- Gold Members – 20 Members at any time
- Silver Members – 20 Members at any time
- Bronze Members – Unlimited number of Members at any time
The Provider reserves the right to refuse Membership where a tier of Membership is already fully subscribed. The Provider will maintain a waiting list and will notify prospective Members on a “first come first served” basis if a vacancy becomes available in that tier of Membership.
- The Services to be provided to Members depend on that Member’s Membership Status as follows:
- Gold Membership: Attendance at all Lectures during the Year followed by dinner; the opportunity to invite a guest to two Lectures (subject to payment of an additional sum to cover the cost of the dinner); invitation to attend book launches; opportunity to write articles for the MHC’s annual ebook publication Militaria; first listen to a monthly podcast interview with a leading military historian; first view of the monthly video ‘Great Battles in 10 Minutes’; invitation to the annual history tour; a monthly newsletter; a bundle of ten military history classics in ebook format; annual subscription to Aspects of History
- Silver Membership: Attendance at four Lectures during the Year followed by dinner; the opportunity to invite a guest to one Lecture (subject to payment of an additional sum to cover the cost of the dinner); first listen to a monthly podcast interview with a leading military historian; first view of the monthly video ‘Great Battles in 10 Minutes’; a monthly newsletter; a bundle of ten military history classics in ebook format; annual subscription to Aspects of History
- Bronze Membership: a monthly newsletter; first listen to a monthly podcast interview with a leading military historian; first view of the monthly video ‘Great Battles in 10 Minutes’; a bundle of ten military history classics in ebook format; annual subscription to Aspects of History
The Provider reserves the right to withdraw or alter these Membership Services from time to time. Members will be informed in advance.
- Every effort will be made to accommodate the accessibility or dietary requirements of a Member or their guest but the Member is entirely responsible for notifying the Provider of any such requirement in advance and will (if necessary) bear the expense of any additional costs involved. The Provider accepts no liability (so far as the law allows) for any consequential loss or injury to a Member or their guest.
- Members must co-operate with the Provider in all matters relating to the provision of the Services and comply with all reasonable requirements. In particular Members must comply with the dress code and other rules prescribed by the Location. Failure to comply is a Member default which entitles us to suspend provision of the Services until you remedy it. If you fail to remedy a default following our request, we may terminate your Membership with immediate effect on written notice to you.
- Membership is not transferrable.
- The Membership Fee payable by a Member depends on that Member’s Membership Status. The Membership Fee for a forthcoming Year will be fixed as soon as reasonably practicable before the commencement of that Year. The Provider will endeavour to notify Members of the Membership Fee for the forthcoming Year personally by email as soon as reasonably possible before the commencement of that Year but the Provider accepts no responsibility for failure to notify an individual Member in person. The Membership Fee will also be advertised on the Military History Club’s Website.
- The Provider may at the Provider’s sole discretion choose to apply a discount to regular Members as notified from time to time.
- Save as provided below Members must pay the relevant Membership Fee at least three weeks before the start of each Year by BACS transfer to the Military History Club account as follows:
Barclays Bank PLC
Account name: Military History Club
Account number: 20-68-15
Sort Code: 03047253
- Gold and Silver Members may pay their Membership Fee in one or two (equal) instalments on 15 December and 15 June in any Year.
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- ‘Data Protection Laws’ means any law relating to the Processing of Personal Data, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- ‘GDPR’ means the UK General Data Protection Regulation.
- ‘Data Controller’, ‘Personal Data’ ‘Process’ and ‘Processing’ shall have the same meanings as in the GDPR.
- We are a Data Controller of the Personal Data we Process in providing the Services and Goods to you. Where you supply us with Personal Data for the provision of Services and Goods we will Process that Personal Data in a manner which complies with our obligations imposed by the Data Protection Laws.
- A Member may cancel their membership of the Military History Club at any time by notifying the Provider in writing at the email address shown above. In the event of such cancellation the Member shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Membership Fee save in the Provider’s absolute discretion.
- The Provider may cancel the Lecture Programme or any of the other Services in whole or in part at any time and they are subject to change and cancellation at short notice. In the event of such change or cancellation the Provider will use reasonable endeavours to procure an alternative but a Member shall not be entitled to a refund of any part of the Membership Fee unless no reasonable alternative is available. Any refund shall reflect the Membership Status of the individual Member.
- The Provider will not be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, pandemic events, strikes, lockouts, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties submit to the jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
- We try to avoid any dispute. If a complaint arises the Member should contact the Provider using the email address set out above to discuss a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 10 working days.
Military History Club